Wednesday 12 September 2012

Millions of Peaches. Peaches (might hate) Me.

I went to the "Women in Television & Film" party yesterday. Some of the highlights included:

  • Maple doughnuts filled with chicken confit (omfg, amazing)
  • Open Bar
  • Cupcakes

It was also filled with moments that make you kind of pleased, somewhat inexplicably...like:
  • "Oh, there's Luba Goy...she looks exactly the same as in 1991..."
  • Hey, Strombo remembers me nearly hitting him with my bicycle!
  • Being taught that tearing the bottom off a cupcake and placing it on top makes an amazing icing sandwich.


But then, out of the corner of my eye, I see Peaches...


NO.


YES.

In my super classy and subtle ways of networking I sidle up and point to her banana purse.

"I like your banana bag."

I'm in.


We discuss the upsides of banana shaped and coloured bags. Then in a moment of awkward silence I can't help but mention.


My parents are big fans...

She laughs. "Seriously?"
I nod solemnly. "Seriously."

There is an awkward silence. 

"I'm also a big fan of your music."

"Cool."



It's at this point, when I'm wondering if I should just throw up on myself to provide a more dignified exit... I'm pretty sure Peaches hates me.


Feels bad man.


But instead of vomiting, I ask:


"...So...how is everything going for you at TIFF? You have a movie playing soon, right?"


"Yea, it's playing on Thursday, you should come to the after party."



Winning?

Quite possibly.



Having your parents ask to join...?






No comments:

Post a Comment