Wednesday 30 May 2012

Starting from an Aesthetic

I read a book once that talked about tapping into a universal repository for the life experiences of all life, everywhere in the galaxy.

(You already know I like Star Trek, shadduppayouface)


In this book they called it "the void which binds". A poet in the novel explained that when writing just flowed out of you, it's because you were tapping into that void.

The Windship crossing the Great Grass Sea.


Now, while that's probably not true, I've always liked the sentiment.


I think everyone who writes has experienced that rush of words...when the story seems to pour out of you, unbidden. I don't know where it comes from...but it's magical and wonderful and mysterious.


I try to tap into it, with music or photographs I shoot...anything that creates an aesthetic. I create a single moment in my mind, a snapshot of the world and space that the story will take place, and then it just flows from there.


Here are some of my "tools", maybe they will spark something out there in the interwebs...that is nice, and pretty...not goatse. <-- do not google this.


MUSIC HERE

And here are some pictures I dun did take:
Claire Callway, 2011

Claire Callway, 2011

Claire Callway, 2010

Claire Callway, 2009

Claire Callway, 2009

Claire Callway, 2009

Claire Callway, 2010

Claire Callway, 2010

Claire Callway, 2009

Claire Callway, 2010

Claire Callway, 2007



No comments:

Post a Comment